Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
| The library is closed, but staff are available
COVID-19 ALERT:ONLINE during business hours and
full-text databases are accessible 24/7 to VDOT employees.
NOTICE: VTRC is closed to external visitors. Until further notice the library will remain closed to all visitors (including on-site employees in the building), however, we want you to contact us with your needs. A library staffer will be on site one day a week to pull/scan/ship/recieve items. All other staff are online during normal business hours.
INTERNAL PATRONS: VDOT employees and members of the UVA community may visit any time during normal business hours, however, be advised that a VDOT or UVA ID is required to get into the building. If you need one-on-one help with a research project, we recommend you contact the library in advance using this online form to Schedule a Visit. Also, don't forget to check VDOT's holiday calendar and UVA's campus calendars if you are planning a special trip.
VDOT Employees Have...
- Unlimited access to all services (Borrowing, Interlibrary Loans, Research Support, etc.).
- Unlimited on-site access to computer databases, printing and copying in the library.
- Employees do not need to visit in person to use library collections/services. Everything we offer is remotely accessible and we ship free of charge.
EXTERNAL PATRONS: Don't work for VDOT but need to use an item listed in our Library Catalog?
The easiest way to do that may be to have your library place a request on your behalf to our Interlibrary Loans Department. If visiting is essential, let us know in advance by using this form to Schedule a Visit. Describe your research needs as specifically as possible. We only grant direct access to qualified visitors, and only after determining that our collections meet your needs.
External Visitors Have...
- Limited access to library materials shelved in the main library collection.
- No borrowing privileges. All holdings may be used in house only.
- On-site access only to library computers for accessing subscription databases.
- The ability to request photocopies or scans of (maximum of 25 pages).
- The ability to print from library computers (maximum of 50 pages).
- The ability to download digital articles to portable/flash drives.
PARKING: There is ample free parking in VTRC's rear parking lot, however, regularly scheduled meetings at VTRC draw visitors from around the state, and free spaces are only available on a first-come-first serve basis.
Visitors arriving before 10:00 a.m. or after 3:00 p.m. may have the most free parking options.
Should all parking spaces at VTRC be taken, visitors can use UVA's PARKMOBILE metered parking service.
The most convenient parking to VTRC is near the Slaughter Recreation Center, which requires a short uphill walk to our building along a roadway that has no sidewalk.