|COVID-19 ALERT: The library is closed, but staff are available ONLINE during business hours and full-text databases are accessible 24/7 to VDOT employees.|
In FY16 Q4 the library transitioned from the EOS Reference Tracking software (2007-2016) to Springshare’s Reference Analytics, part of the LibAnswers module, which includes a ticketing/dashboard for tracking inquires and a live chat function. The new system allows the library to track the back-and-forth nuances of customer service questions with greater precision and provides data on who is asking questions, when (time of day, day of week), where they are located, what type of question they ask, and how long it took us to respond. This quarter there were 343 total transactions, 318 of which were from VDOT personnel, 119 of which were from VTRC, and 25 of which were from Virginia residents, other libraries, or “unaffiliated” customers.
The table to the right reflects the number of reference and research questions the library received by district/division this quarter. VDOT questions added to those not affiliated with VDOT totaled 343.
The library completed seven literature searches this quarter for VTRC researchers and VDOT practitioners:
1. Best Practices for Developing a Statewide Pedestrian and Bicycle Count Program In Virginia
(Compiled for Peter Ohlms and Lance Dougald, VTRC Research Scientists, 84 pages)
2. Guidance Criteria And Research On The Placement Of Stormwater Best Management Practices (BMPs) In Areas Of Seasonal High Groundwater (Compiled for Michael Fitch, VTRC Research Scientist, 30 pages)
3. Systemic Low-Cost Countermeasures For An Unsignalized Intersection Safety Improvement Plan In Virginia: A Comprehensive Literature Search (Compiled for Ben Cottrell, VTRC Research Scientist, 76 pages)
4. Optimizing Inductive-Loop Detectors To Detect Bicyclists And Motor Vehicles: A Literature Search
(Compiled for Ivan M. Horodyskyj, Program Manager NWO Traffic Engineering, 30 pages)
5. Benefits From Coordination And Integration Of ITS Activities Among Public Transit
(Compiled for Peter Ohlms VTRC Research Scientist, 27 pages)
6. Results of a Fast Tracked Literature Search on Transportation Utility Fees (TUFs)
(Compiled for Audrey Moruza, VTRC Research Scientist,14 pages)
7. Research On The Economic Impacts Of A Major Bridge Or Tunnel Closure: Results Of A Fast-Tracked Search (Compiled for Jim Gillespie, VTRC Research Scientist, 23 pages)