In November 2023 the VDOT Research Library added 'Single Sign On' (SSO) access to Knovel. Translation: Thanks to the magic of SSO...if you are a VDOT employee logged on the VDOT network and you click a link to Knovel you will now go straight in without being prompted to create or enter a second username and password. This article in the Library's Newsletter explains SSO for Knovel in more detail.
What is Knovel?
Knovel is an eBook database accessible to all VDOT employees from the VDOT network. VDOT’s subscription provides access to electronic versions of technical guides, manuals and other reference sources from core publishers, including: AASHTO, TRB, Wiley, and Elsevier. This “virtual” library collection is an important supplement to the VDOT's “physical” collections. Knovel offers 35 subject areas from Composites Textiles via the URL: https://library.virginiadot.org/resources/knovel At this time VDOT only subscribes to these engineering collections, for a total of about 3,700 eBook titles:
• Civil Engineering & Construction Materials (1,255 books)
• Engineering Management & Leadership (295 books)
• General Engineering & Project Administratio (1,501 books)
• Transportation Engineering (417 books)
In 2023 the library added the two new collections below, for a total of 6 collections
By the end of 2023 we hope to add another collection, for a new total of 7 collections!
• Safety & Industrial Hygiene (453 books) Note: These titles are not yet available...please stay tuned!