Knovel is an eBook database accessible to all VDOT employees from the VDOT network. VDOT’s subscription provides access to electronic versions of technical guides and manuals from core publishers, including: AASHTO, TRB, Wiley, Elsevier. This “virtual” library collection is an important supplement to the VDOT's “physical” collections. Knovel offers 35 subject areas from Composites Textiles via the URL: https://library.virginiadot.org/resources/knovel At this time VDOT only subscribes to these engineering collections, for a total of about 3,700 eBook titles:
• Civil Engineering & Construction Materials
• Engineering Management & Leadership
• General Engineering & Project Administration
• Transportation Engineering
NEW in 2023!
• Environment & Environmental Engineering (431 books)
• Fire Protection Engineering & Emergency Response (105 books)
VDOT's subscription provides any VDOT employee on the VDOT network with access to all Knovel content in our subscriptions, and to all Knovel tools, but an individual account (sometimes called a ‘profile’) provides these additional features:
To create a profile you must use your VDOT e-mail address.